Jewelry Care Guide
Materials used in Powered By Melanin jewelry collection are carefully selected to ensure the best quality possible.
- 18k Gold Plated Stainless Steel
- 18k Gold Plated 925 Sterling Silver
- 925 Sterling Silver
- Stainless Steel
An extra layering of tarnish resistance is added to extend the life span of the jewelry. Sterling Silver naturally oxidizes overtime. Stainless Steel and Gold-Filled is resistant to tarnishing and rust.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CARE FOR MY JEWELRY?
- To preserve the longevity of your jewelry, please remove them while exercising, showering or swimming. Avoid contact with perfumes, lotions or hair products. Do not use harsh chemicals or oils as this may affect the finishing of your jewelry.
HOW DO I CLEAN MY JEWELRY?
- Warm water and a soft cloth are the best things you can do to maintain the beauty of your jewelry.
WHAT DO I DO IF MY JEWELRY STARTS TO CHANGE COLOR?
- Everyone's produces natural body oils, which can make metals react differently. Gold plated jewelry will change color naturally over time, depending on your body chemistry and normal wear. Unfortunately, this process is non-reversible.
Powered By Melanin pieces are manufactured to give you a lifetime of enjoyment with minimal care.
Please keep in mind that detergents and lotions can slowly erode the finish off of all types of jewelry Keep your items away from chlorine bleach and all household cleaners. These will cause damage to the item and stones. Jewelry should always be removed before swimming and washing dishes.
To ensure your PBM pieces last longer, keep it stored individually or in small plastic bags/containers. Mixing them with other fashion jewelry for long periods of time can sometimes cause erosion.
Questions? Concerns? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org